How To Make A Gift
Whether you are contributing to the Challenge for McKetta, making your annual Friends of Alec (FOA) contribution, creating an endowment or simply wishing to make a generous donation to the department, the following are ways you can make your gift:
- Online Gifts. (including gifts to Friends of Alec)
Access the convenience of secure online giving through the university’s giving page. Be sure to choose “Engineering, Cockrell School of” in the first pull down box.
- Checks sent via U.S. Mail. All checks in support of the Cockrell School of Engineering should be made payable to The University of Texas at Austin. Please note in the memo line your gift’s designation within engineering. Checks should be mailed to the address listed below.
- Matching Gifts. Alumni and friends can maximize the impact of their giving to the Cockrell School of Engineering through employer matching gift programs. Most matches are dollar-for-dollar (1:1), effectively doubling – or in some cases tripling – the value of donors’ gifts. Some companies match the gifts of retirees and spouses as well as those of active employees.
- Stock Transfer. A gift of appreciated stock is an excellent way to support the School, simultaneously avoiding capital gains tax and taking a charitable deduction. To ensure proper processing, donors should alert a staff member in the Cockrell School at (512) 471-3395 to request transfer instructions.
- Wire Transfer Wire transfers are most commonly used with gifts made from outside the United States or for large gifts within the US. To ensure proper gift credit of the gift, donors should contact a staff member in the Cockrell School at (512) 471-3395 to request transfer instructions.
- UT Faculty and Staff Payroll Deduction. Are you a university employee? If so, you can support the Cockrell School through payroll deduction.
All checks and documentation should be mailed to:
The University of Texas at Austin
1 University Station, C2104
Austin, TX 78712-0287
For assistance related to any of these gift options, or how to make a gift, please contact: Michael Barasch, Associate Director of Development, on (512) 471-0469 or michael.barasch