Sciance, Carroll T. Ph.D.
|Phone:||(512) 413-9313||The University of Texas at Austin|
|Fax:||—||Department of Chemical Engineering|
|Email:||email@example.com||200 E Dean Keeton St. Stop C0400|
|UT Mail:||—||Austin, TX 78712-1589|
Ph.D., Chemical Engineering, University of Oklahoma (1966)
M.S., Chemical Engineering, University of Oklahome (1964)
B.S., Chemical Engineering,University of Oklahoma (1960)
Awards & Honors
Currently listed in Who’s Who in America , Who’s Who in Science and Engineering, Who’s Who in Finance and Industry, and Who’s Who in the World
Second Prize, National AIChE Student Contest Problem (1960)
Best Presentation, 1967 Cryogenic Engineering Conference, Boulder, CO:
Pool Boiling of Methane Between Atmospheric Pressure and the Critical Pressure
(C. T. Sciance, C. P. Colver, and C. M. Sliepcevich).
Corcoran Award of the American Society of Engineering Education for best paper in Chemical Engineering Education: “Chemical Engineering in the Future” (1987)
R. N. Maddox Distinguished Lecture, University of Arkansas, (1994)
- Patent No. 3,338,959, Aug. 22, 1962. Process for Separation and Recovery of Glutaric, Succinic and Adipic Acids. C. T. Sciance and L. S. Scott, Du Pont.
- Article: “Column Height Required for Continuous Chromatographic Separation: A Probabilistic Model.” AIChE Journal, Vol. 12, No. 1, January 1966.
- Thesis: Pool Boiling Heat Transfer to Liquefied Hydrocarbon Gases, 1966 (5 Publications). Advisor: George Lynn Cross Professor C. M. Sliepcevich
- Response to “Can We Stand and Deliver: Mathematics Education in the Workplace,” published by Education Writers Association, 1988.
- Editorial: “Distillation Column” in Chapter One, AIChE Publication, Feb. 1991
- “Benign Engineering,” Keynote for EPA Workshop, Cincinnati, 6-94
- “Creating a Third Wave R&D Policy,” Congressional Foresight Seminar, Panel on Federal R&D Policy, Washington April 12, 1995 (Sponsored by the Institute for Alternative Futures, Edited by Robert Olson)