Rosales, Adrianne Ph.D.
|Phone:||TBD||University of Texas at Austin|
|Fax:||TBD||McKetta Department of Chemical Engineering|
|Email:||firstname.lastname@example.org||200 E Dean Keeton St. Stop C0400|
|UT Mail:||C0400||Austin, Texas 78712-1589|
Research Areas: Advanced Materials, Polymers & Nanotechnology, and Biotechnology
Research Group Website (TBD)
Research Presentation for Prospective Graduate Students (TBD)
Postdoctoral Research Fellow, University of Colorado, Boulder (2013 – present)
Ph.D., Chemical Engineering, University of California, Berkeley (2013)
B.S., Chemical Engineering, University of Texas at Austin (2007)
Biomolecular and biomimetic materials, hydrogel development, cell-matrix interactions, dynamic materials
We study and develop dynamic polymer systems to engineer complex biological microenvironments. In processes such as disease or tissue development, there is an active interplay between cells, the extracellular matrix, and precise chemical and physical signals that change over time. Engineered materials that capture these dynamic properties can shed insight to biological mechanisms and address problems in human health. Using principles from chemical engineering, materials science, and biology, we pursue the following research goals:
- Fundamental understanding of polymer structure-property relationships, especially biomimetic and stimuli-responsive polymers
- Development of synthetic hydrogels that actively probe cell-matrix interactions
- Engineering new material platforms for disease models
Awards & Honors
- Burroughs Wellcome Fund Career Award at the Scientific Interface (CASI), 2016-2021
- University of Washington Distinguished Young Scholars Seminar series, 2015
- NIH Ruth L. Kirschstein NRSA F32 Postdoctoral Fellowship, 2014-2016
- Burroughs Wellcome Fund Postdoctoral Enrichment Program Award, 2014-2016
- University of California Dissertation Year Fellowship, 2012
- National Science Foundation Graduate Fellowship, 2007
- University of California, Berkeley, Chancellor’s Fellowship, 2007
- A.M. Rosales and K.S. Anseth. “Capturing Extracellular Matrix Dynamics with Reversible Hydrogels.” Nature Reviews Materials, 2016, 1, 15012.
- A.M. Rosales, K.M. Mabry, E.M. Nehls, K.S. Anseth. “Photoresponsive Elastic Properties of
Azobenzene-Containing Poly(ethylene-glycol)-based Hydrogels.” Biomacromolecules 2015, 16(3), 798-806.
- A.M. Rosales, R.A. Segalman, R.N. Zuckermann. “Polypeptoids: A Model System to Study the Effect of Monomer Sequence on Polymer Properties and Self-Assembly.” Soft Matter 2013, 9, 8400-8414.
- H.K. Murnen*, A.M. Rosales*, A.V. Dobrynin, R.N. Zuckermann, R.A. Segalman. “Persistence Length of Polyelectrolytes with Precisely Located Charges.” Soft Matter 2013, 9, 90-98.
- A.M. Rosales, B.L. McCulloch, R.N. Zuckermann, R.A. Segalman. “Tunable Phase Behavior of Polystyrene-Polypeptoid Block Copolymers” Macromolecules 2012, 45(15),6027-6035
- A.M. Rosales, H.K. Murnen, S.R. Kline, R.N. Zuckermann, R.A. Segalman. “Measurement of the Persistence Length of Helical and Non-Helical Polypeptoids in Solution.” Soft Matter 2012, 8, 3673-3680.